Tuesday 17 June 2014

Planning, creating and evaluating my banner (P2-4,M2-4,D2-4)

Firstly, I started out with basic ideas for the banner, then further story boarding these ideas until I was left with one final design. This process is shown on the blog page below:
Banner development

To create the banner, I then had to improve my skills in after effects. This process is shown on the blog page below:
After effects improvement


Once I had fully completed and uploaded the banner onto my site, I then asked my peers to view it, and give their feedback on what they did & did not like about it, as well as answering other specific questions about the trailer. This form can be seen below:
Feedback form

Once I had gained enough feedback from the form, I then collated all of the data I had received into a spreadsheet, and used that data to help me create an analytical report on what the responses meant, as well as if it was an issue with either the form or the banner. This report can be seen below:
Feedback response report

I had to time frame the aspects I was going to create for the banner. I used estimates, which as shown in the evaluation were pretty spot on. The lists can be seen below:
Pre and post production lists (including short evaluation) (PDF)


Action plan 
As is described in my feedback response form, I felt that audiences generally understood and appreciated the aesthetics of the banner. If I was, however, to change the banner, there are a couple of aspects of it that I would look at.

Firstly, the speed at which the banner runs (not in terms of frame rate, but how quickly the mega mecha head raises and lowers, as well as the fire movement speed) is much too fast. This was because I was new to using particle effect fires at that point, and did not understand how to lower the velocity of the flame. I would go back into the banner, extending the run time to ten seconds. This would give more than enough time for the head to come into shot, stay for a few seconds, and then slowly leave. 

I would also improve the actual head drawing, as I used an early version of the logo for it. having completed my trailer, I could simply switch out the two images, and re-render the banner, making it look much more professional and solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment